LPD produces a daily Intelligence Report (IntRep) for internal and client distribution. Information from a range of open and closed sources is collated and issued, providing users with a daily summary of:
- current threat warnings
- BOLO notice
- out-of-bounds areas and high-threat areas
- summary of recent SIG.ACTS and assessment
- schedule of upcoming significant dates
All information from the daily IntRep is also available via the ISTAR platform.
LPD produces a monthly Intelligence Report (IntRep) for internal and client distribution. Information from a range of open and closed sources is collated and analysed, providing users with a round-up summary of the past month's events and a trend indication of future developments.
The monthly IntRep includes:
- national overview
- security assessment and trend monitor
- political update
- regulatory / legal update
- Kabul overview
- Kabul security assessment and trend monitor
- recorded SIG.ACTS
- information relating to any client-specific threats
- consolidated incident reports from recorded SIG.ACTS
- geo-spatial threat and risk analysis
- temporal threat and risk analysis
All information from the monthly IntRep is also available via the ISTAR platform.
LPD periodically issues Flash Reports (FlashReps) whenever a significant security incident occurs. FlashReps are sent to the full client base regardless of subscription level, in order to assist client decision making and to ensure the safety of deployed personnel.
FlashReps will normally include:
- date / time / location of incident
- type of incident
- security forces' response (if known)
- casualties (if known)
- safety advice for ground teams
All information from the FlashReps is loaded onto the ISTAR platform and is remotely viewable by ground teams using the platform on mobile devices such as iPhones or Android smartphones.
LPD periodically issues Incident Reports (IncReps) following major security incidents. IncReps consist of a detailed after-action review and analysis, including liaison with ANSF and ISAF sources, to highlight information that may be relevant to the safety and security of LPD and its clients.
ISTAR Portal is a graphical platform that displays both real-time and historical security information. Data is collected from a wide variety of open and closed sources, processed and analysed, and disseminated via the ISTAR platform.
LPD collates information from its own ground teams, local national staff, and contact network, as well as from client personnel movements, ISAF and ANSF sources, and open source information. This information is uploaded to the ISTAR database, forming the basis of LPD’s own operations planning process – and is available to clients at either administrator or user level (subscription dependent).
ISTAR provides a live real-time feed of threat reporting and risk levels, broken down by areas and routes, to enhance the planning capability of organisations in Afghanistan and improve the safety of ground teams during movement.
Key data provided on ISTAR includes:
- area / route threat and risk assessments
- live threat alerts, including BOLO, OOBA and FlashReps
- live “ground truth” reporting
- key landmarks: GIRoA, ANSF, ISAF, embassies, hotels, etc.
- location and analysis of past significant incidents
- compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- accessible via Google Earth or via LPD's secure website
- integrates with Track24 and other tracking systems
- provides real-time information from LPD Int Cell
- information auto-updates: no need to refresh
- enables proactive threat- / risk-based planning
- enables real-time reactive alert capability
- geo-fence functionality built in for area blacklisting